Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Jewelry Ideas Spinning in my Head

The Williamsburg show was a success and alot of fun. There seemed to be many more jewelry vendors there, both beaded, metal and wireworked. I am finding this to be true at all shows I go to. I am glad I do this for a creative outlet and not for a living. It is getting harder to compete with other artists as well as all the retail jewelry made overseas.
Saturday night, Bead Haven was a vendor at the Art and Soul Retreat in Hampton. It was a fun experience and I really enjoyed meeting all the artists attending the retreat. The artwork created there is really cool. I took a class , Uncommon Objects in Tassels & Fringe, from Susan Lenart Kazmer. What a great instructor she is! It brought me close to my roots when I used found objects to create jewelry. I had really lost touch with that until now. In my senior year of high school, I won first place in the schools art show. I made a necklace that was made from wire from Dad's garage, shells from the beach, wooden beads and peacock feathers found nearby. I wonder what happened to that necklace.... My head is spinning with ideas. I can't wait to get into my studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment