Friday, March 7, 2008

Spring Fever

I love this time of year! The flowers are starting to bloom and I feel like I am too. I am getting things refreshed and clearing out clutter. I just have too much stuff.

The stores are filled with beads after weeks of buying, sorting, pricing, entering and playing with them. The Tucson Gem and Mineral show is just incredible. Burt and I had a really good time this year. Though, I did tell him I needed to train for it next year! We shopped 6 full days, each day at a different show or two. You would think I would be tired of beads, but now all I want to do is Bead! Go figure.


I am trying to learn to take better pictures and get them posted here. It is just that I would rather be beading than messing with this computer when I do have some down time. And all the blogs I see that are so nicely done. Sigh.......

I am really excited that Bead Haven is going to be a vendor again at The Art and Soul Retreat in Hampton. The retreat is such a burst of creative energy. Check it out! www.artandsoulretreat.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi Beading Family.

    Happy Anniversary to you from Angie, Sallie and Allen Dawson.

    We join you in celebrating Spring, Creativity, Great Friends and the Love for Life.

    Thanks for being a beautiful flower in the garden of life.

    Love Ya,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to Hampton Ladies of Bead Haven,

    On April 6, 2008 I decided to take some time to myself and take a beading class taught by Heidi ( hope I have the name correct) at the Hampton store. I think it was beading buddy night and I was having such a great time talking to the beaders and getting to know them. I was happy to get back into doing one of my favorite hobbies. However, I get an urgent call from my husband telling me to come home. Immediately, my heart begins to sink and I begin to think the worst. I am thinking that something has happened to my daughter, mother, brother, etc. I am in a quiet panic and the ladies who are beading immediately help me to stay calm and assist me with getting my things together so I could get home safely. I only live 2 1/2 miles away and tIey wanted me to call them when i got home. I felt the concern in their voices and it made me feel a bit better. However, the ride home felt like it was 10 miles away.
    Upon arriving home, I find out that my husband's father was found home alone by his wife and the prognosis was not good. Later we get a call that he had passed away. The look of loss and pain in my husbands eyes was one I will never forget. We were devastated. However, my daughter was on her way home and she had to be told. Her PaPa loved her dearly and he could not wait to come to her high school graduation in June.
    I am not really sure what time Heidi called but she called to check on my family and I. I was happy to hear her calm and reassuring voice. She wanted to know if there was anything she could do. I told her not at this time. It meant the world to me that she called. In addition, she sent me a card later that week with words of condolence.
    I would truly like to thank the ladies and staff that were at Bead Haven that night. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, kindness and prayers. I will be back soon to finish my bracelet. I look forward to your help and the friendly conversations. You are all angels in my book.

    May God bless you all.
    LaRaunce Fleming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne,
    I just love the idea of putting pics of the class projects on line.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete